Vacation Home Insurance in Colorado

We provide vacation home insurance solutions to businesses in Colorado and beyond.

Vacation Home Insurance Colorado

Vacation Home Insurance at The DeLuca Agency and Denver Insurance Brokerage Inc

What is vacation home insurance?

Property owners who have a second home in Colorado should make sure that the residence is properly protected. Most will find that vacation home insurance meets their getaway’s coverage needs well.

Vacation home insurance offers tailored coverages for second homes. Policies are similar to standard homeowners insurance policies in some ways, but also have notable differences.

When should second home insurance be used to protect a residence in Colorado?

Second home insurance is mainly for second (or third) homes that someone owns. Most ski chalets, mountainside cabins, and other Colorado vacation properties should probably be insured with this.

If a vacation property is financed, then at least some vacation home coverages are likely required by the lender. Many coverages are recommended regardless of whether a property is financed or owned outright, though.

Get a Quote

Client Testimonials

The words of our loyal customers…

“I became a client of the DeLuca Agency when it bought my previous insurance agency. Fortunately, Caula Campbell-Frazier transferred with the company. She has been a delight to work with–always responds quickly, thoroughly and with a real desire to answer questions or assist you. I can’t say enough good things about her. You will not be disappointed.”
M R Johnson
“I worked with Caula Campbell to renew my homeowners insurance, she was able to help me by pointing out a gap in my coverage and still was able to lower my premiums. I am enjoying my lower mortgage as a result of the lower escrow. Highly recommend.”
K. Davis
“The agency did a great job on finding better rates for me. The staff is very professional and resourceful. Thanks!”
R. Guitron
Spoke with Gloria and she was very knowledge about my insurance needs. She guided me to consider options that are well within my budget and would greatly help my family when needed.
R. Brunet, Google Review
Spoke with Gloria and she was very knowledgeable about my insurance needs. She guided me to consider options that are well within my budget and would greatly help my family when needed.
Had a great experience with the DeLuca Agency. We quoted with them one year and decided not to move forward because life got busy. But we decided to try again the next year and we were welcomed back without judgment for not having moved forward previously. The agent (Paige Brown) was very professional and extremely knowledgeable about the various companies, coverage, etc. They are able to cater to high end clients and it shows with their knowledge, thoroughness, and expertise. She spent a good amount of time answering our complex questions and informed us about things we never knew before that go deeper into insurance coverage. They have a nice range of products as well and seem to do what’s best for your unique situation.
Lyn C., Google Review
Paige with The DeLuca Agency was a great help when I needed insurance recently. Highly recommend.
B. Maki, Google Review
I have worked with the DeLuca Agency since moving to CO in 2019. Danielle Duffy is amazing and has always helped me out with any and everything I have needed. She goes above and beyond every single time I contact her. Beyond that, she is just an overall pleasant person!
Matthew D., Google Review
We have been insured through The DeLuca Agency for over 2 years and find their customer service highly responsive. The Staff is extremely professional and knowledgeable. I highly recommend this agency for any of your insurance needs.
J. Anderson, Google Review
Vacation Home Insurance Colorado
Vacation Home Insurance Colorado

Can a Colorado property be insured with an out-of-state second home policy?

Because many property and insurance laws are state laws, property insurance policies generally need to be underwritten in the state where a property is located. A Colorado property usually needs to be insured with a policy that’s purchased within the state.

For example, someone in North Texas who has a vacation property here probably can’t cover their vacation property with a Texas policy. They likely need a Colorado-specific second home insurance policy.

An insurance agent who’s in Colorado and specializes in second home policies can help property owners find a policy for their vacation property, regardless of what state their primary residence is in.

What insurance protections does a second home insurance policy come with?

A second home policy might offer several different coverages. Depending on a property owner’s needs, the policy may include:

  • Liability Coverage: Might cover accidents that occur on the property and result in injury to someone else.
  • Structure Coverage: Might cover damage to the second home itself, and also other structures on the property.
  • Contents Coverage: Might cover belongings that are kept in the second home or on the property.

Many other coverages are usually also available. A knowledgeable agent can help owners decide which protections make sense for their vacation property.

Vacation Home Insurance Colorado

Does second home insurance provide coverage when a vacation property isn’t used?

One of the more notable distinctions between second home policies and standard homeowners insurance policies is how coverage applies during times of disuse. 

Second home policies usually continue providing coverage when a vacation property isn’t being used for an extended time. These policies are for properties that likely aren’t used during offseasons, after all. 

The standard features of a typical homeowners insurance policy often exclude coverage after a certain period of vacancy. A homeowners policy might not cover claims at a primary residence if it’s not used during a period of 30 or 60 days, for instance. There’s often an option to add coverage so that claims can be covered even if the house isn’t being used, but this is normally an add-on rather than a standard protection.

Do vacation home policies provide coverage for flooding?

Vacation home policies normally don’t include coverage for flooding, either as a standard or optional protection. Instead, flood insurance is normally required if a property needs to be insured against flood damage. 

Where can owners get vacation home insurance for second homes that are in Colorado?

If you need help insuring a second home that’s in Colorado, get in touch with the independent insurance agents at The DeLuca Agency. Our agents have helped many homeowners insure their primary residences and vacation properties. We’ll make sure you find a vacation home insurance policy that’ll protect your getaway well, and we can also assist with primary homeowners insurance if you live in the state.

Get in touch with our team!

DeLuca Agency

For questions or concerns, please contact our independent insurance agents.

CO Office
6021 S Syracuse Way Ste 207 Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Phone: 720.484.3732

MD Office
500 Redland CT Ste 106 Owings Mills, MD 21117
Phone: 410.521.6500

UT Office
13894 Bangerter Pkwy Ste 200 Draper, UT 84020
Phone: 810.639.0078